To measure the aerobic capacity or cardiovascular fitness os subjects during a maximal, indirect field test.
Cones, tape measure and audio cues for the 20m shuttle run on CD, Tape or MP3
- Measure out and mark a 20m section on a flat surface with cones
- Begin playback of shuttle run audio
- Participants commences running betwee the sets of cones, turning when signalled by the beeps. This process continues as the beeps become closer together, ultimately increasing the speed of the runner
- If the line is reached before the beep sounds, the participant must wait until the beep
- The test is stopped if the participant fails to reach the line for two consecutive runs and their shuttle leve is recorded