To develop diving technique
Depth of Water
This activity can be used with small to large groups, as long as each person has a partner of similar ability
- One member from each pair is in the water at the side of the pool, ready to swim across
- The other member stands above, facing away from the water.
- The teacher signals those in the water to commence swimming, and when they are a reasonable distance away from the wall gives the command, “GO”.
- Those out of the water turn, dive in and give chase to their partners, attempting to tag them before they reach the safety of the other side of the pool.
- The process is then repeated with team members switch roles